Do you have prior experience with curriculum delivery, planning, and administration in higher education? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
To join our exceptional team as our Head of Learning and Education at Community Music, we are searching for an innovative leader with HE, music, digital, and commercial expertise.
The role includes the development and management of new and current courses at HE level and short progression courses online digital and classroom format. You will manage a team of tutors to ensure quality and value is delivered to students.
You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary.
- The key responsibilities of a Head of Learning and Education include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the strategy and development of new HE and short courses with a digital focus for classroom and online.
- Design and develop HE courses from end to end including concept, research, business case, validation and successful rollout of courses to market.
- Managing day-to-day operations of the curriculum course area, raising the quality of the learning experience of students and their levels of satisfaction.
- Conception, planning and production of high value digital skills from learning materials, VR content and social media content.
- Generating income for the organisation via commercial digital online and classroom course offers.
- Leading and managing staff, finances, management information and resources within the HE curriculum and short course online and classroom area with a focus on digital platforms, content and classroom.
- Promoting and enabling the expectations of the highest standards of teaching, learning and assessment within the curriculum area.
- Improving the quality of delivery in accordance with the organisations policies, quality assurance systems, resources and ensuring all evaluation and verification documentation are appropriately maintained.
- Supporting the development of staff knowledge, skills, team building, participation, motivation, job satisfaction and performance.
- Making a significant contribution to the organisation's planning, marketing and promotional activities to recruit to target in its own curriculum area.
Community Music has been providing access to world-class creative arts education for young people and adults since 1983. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to learn, develop, and unlock potential.
CM is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and safeguarding environment for all staff and students to work and learn. An organisation where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and staff training.
- The key skills and qualities of Head of Learning and Education are:
- Successful experience with several HE courses from end-to-end development including concept, research, business case, validation and successful rollout of HE courses to market.
- Track record using high value digital skills from learning materials, VR content and successful social media content.
- A certificate in Education or Postgraduate Certificate in Education, or equivalent.
- Experience and track record in commercial activity to grow business and organisations income.
- Experience in strategic planning.
- Experience in online and digital content including planning and production.
- Experience in VR content including planning and production.
- Experience in digital skills and latest trends.
- Ability to manage several projects at once.
- Experience in writing new HE courses, business cases and validation processes.
- Experience of Higher Education curriculum delivery, planning and administration.
- Experience in developing and creating digital online courses and content.
- Experience in music and music production.
- A proven record of promoting teaching, learning and assessment to a consistently high standard.
- Experience of supervising or managing a team.
- Experience of managing a budget and physical resources.
- Up to date knowledge of curriculum and teaching and learning
This is a full time role – £40,000 per annum
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career then please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
If you would like discuss the role you can arrange a call with Richard on 0207 377 0621