Foundation Degree in Creative Music Production & Business commended by University of Westminster
We are pleased to announce that our flagship course has been granted re-approval without time limit after this month’s summary report.
The University of Westminster’s Academic Council sent a review panel to Community Music on Friday 14th October.
As part of the course review, the panel visited the centre, met with the course team and also met with a group of students.
They asked them a number of questions regarding the course and their experiences.
The panel was interested to hear why students chose to study at Community Music.
- Students articulated that the course offers an opportunity to gain experience in a variety of different fields.
- Many students expressed that they had not planned on going to University and Community Music was seen as a platform to start their career in the music industry.
- They also commented that the business content is valuable and enjoyable and provides them with essential skills and terminology.
- The students described how much they enjoyed the guest speakers from the music industry.
- Students commented that they can all take something different from the course and tailor it to their individual needs
- Overall, they noticed how music brings all the class together
The panel was also pleased to note the following commendations:
- The successful relationship which the course team have built with their students
- The dedication and commitment of the course team to the success of the course and for continuing to improve the student experience by actively responding to their feedback
- The enthusiasm of the group of students met by the panel and how they have clearly benefitted from the course in terms of the course team and the creative environment
We are grateful that the University of Westminster recognise the hard work and dedication that our team puts into making this a successful and inspiring course to study on, providing a realistic route into the music industry and access to higher education to those who had previously considered it unachievable.
And we are of course delighted to hear the positive feedback that the students gave to the review panel!
We would like to thank the University of Westminster’s review panel for spending the day with our staff and students and for their feedback.
Interested in studying on our Creative Music Production and Business foundation degree course? Click here to find out more!