Music Leader Training Course
The Music Leader Training Course is a unique opportunity for those with a background in Music to gain in depth knowledge, practical experience and a qualification in teaching for the life long learning sector.
Next course starts on the weekend of 27/28th October 2018
Community Music is one of the pioneers of the community music sector, working innovatively and successfully in the field for 35 years.
Throughout its history Communiuty Music has been committed to the training and professional development of its music tutors as part of its goal for quality and equality of opportunity in making and learning about music.
The Course is aimed at those who want to develop a career in community music leadership and requires a certain level of application and commitment from students if they are to gain the qualification and get the most out of the programme.
Successful completion of the course will equip students to plan and lead quality music workshops and lessons and to operate professionally within different educational contexts and community arts setting.
Those who complete the course find work in different settings including schools, further education and adult colleges, community music/arts projects and a wide variety of organisations working cross the social, arts and charitable spectrum.
Successful completion of the course leads to a City and Guilds Education and Training Level 3 qualification (Previously PTLLS 7303 teaching qualification for the life long learning sector)
Benefits Of The Course:
• Improve confidence in yourself and your teaching, and pass your knowledge onto others.
• Explore various teaching styles and techniques to improve your versatility in a teaching situation.
• Small class sizes that give you attention and significantly improve your skills become a great tutor.
• Trained specialist tutors provide expert knowledge and experience to draw upon.
• Easy to apply techniques make it simple to learn and move forward to a new career in music leading.
• Challenging learning that will keep you focused and engaged.
• Train with other musicians and artists, and build friendships to support and develop creative ideas.
• A unique course that is not provided anywhere else in the country, helping you get ahead in music tuition.
• Learn fundraising and digital marketing techniques to increase your opportunities.
• Payment plan available with 0% interest.
We are currently running the course in a weekend intensive format, held over the Saturday and Sunday of five weekends*
The classes are 11am – 6pm on both days.
*the weekends are not always consecutive for the whole course period.
Read what previous students think about the course!
"Just wanted to check in and say a big THANK YOU. Since attending the course I've started my own business delivering music workshops for young children. After a hard first year, things have gone from strength to strength. My client roster is growing and feedback is great. I'm now working in schools and colleges and am loving it. Studying with Community Music gave me the confidence, tools and understanding to make this happen, so I'm very grateful”
Lily – A previous student on the course
Next course starts 27th October 2018
Click here to complete an online application form